I remember after we ran the mile in P.E. Friday morning, my friend sprung on me that somehow her mom had seen online that the Annie auditions were on Tuesday. I hadn't heard anything about that but found a confirmation in our school newsletter. I'm going to be singing "Distant Melody," from Peter Pan, which kind of really summarizes the similarity between Peter Pan and Annie. Both have been separated from their parents, and though one was intentonally, I could clearly imagine Annie singing the song instead of "Maybe." Bridging the two characters together made me realize that a lot of the characteristic desires in musical theatre are alike.
We haven't received any script excerpts in advance, meaning we'll be provided randomized snapshots from across the official script impromptu. And from my blurred recollections of how the Oz auditions ran, I'm assuming we'll also do some improv. I can't wait!
Good luck to everyone who is also doing the Discovery Girls Summit! We are all Discovery Girls whether we make it or not because we always believe in ourselves and do our best. A lot of amazing people have not made it but deserved to, and we are incredible no matter what! :) Post this DG Summit photo on your blog if you agree.

We haven't received any script excerpts in advance, meaning we'll be provided randomized snapshots from across the official script impromptu. And from my blurred recollections of how the Oz auditions ran, I'm assuming we'll also do some improv. I can't wait!
Good luck to everyone who is also doing the Discovery Girls Summit! We are all Discovery Girls whether we make it or not because we always believe in ourselves and do our best. A lot of amazing people have not made it but deserved to, and we are incredible no matter what! :) Post this DG Summit photo on your blog if you agree.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio