I came back yesterday, and I was crying on the bus ride home. Different schools in the Bay Area go each week, and we attended camp with a local school. We'd made so many friends in just four days, but when we come back we probably never get to see them again. The friends I made didn't have emails and I couldn't get their phone numbers, so I'll just have to cope. :(
Other than the utter misery of not keeping in touch, the experience itself was amazing! The food was so delicious - we dined on pasta, pizza, tacos, fajitas, teriyaki chicken, waffles, brownies, etc. Campers went through a different evening program each day. On Monday we had a campfire at night complete with skits acted out by the camp staff, our cabin leaders (high schoolers who act as our parents), and our field instructors. The rest of our schedule:
Tuesday - Astronomy and Stargazing
Wednesday - Night Hike
Thursday - Cabin Jeopardy
We hiked for 2-3 hours each day and had a 6-hour "epic journey" hike on Thursday. The staff and campers each had their own nature names, and mine was Horizon. It was all so incredible!
On Tuesday I'll be posting a poem I wrote about the events of the night hike.
Other than the utter misery of not keeping in touch, the experience itself was amazing! The food was so delicious - we dined on pasta, pizza, tacos, fajitas, teriyaki chicken, waffles, brownies, etc. Campers went through a different evening program each day. On Monday we had a campfire at night complete with skits acted out by the camp staff, our cabin leaders (high schoolers who act as our parents), and our field instructors. The rest of our schedule:
Tuesday - Astronomy and Stargazing
Wednesday - Night Hike
Thursday - Cabin Jeopardy
We hiked for 2-3 hours each day and had a 6-hour "epic journey" hike on Thursday. The staff and campers each had their own nature names, and mine was Horizon. It was all so incredible!
On Tuesday I'll be posting a poem I wrote about the events of the night hike.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio