Pages



f

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Taylor Swift - 1989 Tour - Recap!

I went to see Taylor Swift at Levi's Stadium over in Santa Clara yesterday! Haha - I lied yesterday - the show started at 7, and it lasted until 11:30. It was so amazing! I literally was in total fangirl mode yesterday - Shawn Mendes, Vance Joy, Taylor, Little Mix, Julia Roberts, and Joan Baez all performed at the concert! I put together a video with all of my favorite songs and the show highlights, and wrote about the show! Enjoy! I really apologize for the bad video quality and the shakiness as it got darker; I was kind of dancing and singing along, and the lights didn't show up well at all when I was filming it. The girl next to me was singing to a lot of the songs - the voice in the background you hear in "Stay With Me," "Bad Blood," and "Shake it Off" wasn't me.





Levi's Stadium fans and jumbotron in the sun

So as you saw, Shawn Mendes had the first performance. He sang most of his songs from "Handwritten," but I only filmed a portion of "Something Big." He also covered Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" which I have footage of as well.
After Shawn Mendes, Vance Joy opened for Taylor. He also did a lot of songs from his album and covered Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" before finally performing his hit "Riptide."

Levi's Stadium sunset

When Taylor came out, the crowd was going wild. Everyone was singing at the top of their lungs and going crazy when she started with "Welcome to New York." After a few more songs, she told the crowd that she really loved all of our applause and brought out British girl group Little Mix to perform their hit song "Black Magic" with her. I now really love that song!
During "Style" she surprised us yet again by bringing out Julia Roberts and Joan Baez to dance along with her. You should have seen the look on my face!
She took us on a walk down memory lane performing songs from "Red" and talking to us about a song she had written at eighteen or nineteen, when her best friend had a baby. That song was "Never Grow Up," and the only time she had performed it on tour was to us.
Sometimes when she was offstage changing, they would play cool videos with interviews with other celebrities about being friends with Taylor.
She wrapped up with "Wildest Dreams" and "Shake it Off." Over all it was a really fantastic, interactive experience!
We even got these really awesome wristbands from the concert as souvenirs. As Taylor sang, the wristbands would glow in different colors and create patterns through the crowd. Now, after the show, the wristbands glow whenever you tap or shake them. I definitely think I'll wear it to school on Wednesday, and if people ask, I'll say it's from when I went to a Taylor Swift concert!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio