Pages



f

Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Life of a Fangirl

I am a fangirl.
No, being a fangirl isn't simply a ... characteristic. It's a FUDGING WAY OF LIFE. I eat, breathe, and sleep my fandoms. Yes. I am truly amazing like that.
This post is all about what being a fangirl is like.

+ Fandoms will pretty much take over your life. Okay, to be honest, I do spend half of my time in my room watching useless videos about achieving natural British accents and reading off Harry Potter scripts and equipping myself with every snarky thing Hermione's ever said to Ron to use as comebacks in the future. Yes, I do. And, yeah, I consider it a passion, because being a fangirl takes a little bit of effort. You can't really read two chapters of HP and be a fangirl. NOOO. Fangirls go WAY farther than that. You can literally name any word included in a Harry Potter book and they will be able to rattle off the numbers of the pages where that word appears. Seriously,

+ Fangirls are EXTREMELY with a capital everything sensitive about their fandoms. Fat chance you'll survive for more than a minute if you dare come and tell me that Harry Potter sucks. The series is literally everything to me, and I have a directory of articles (okay, I say directory casually, but I literally mean the collection I have spent my life building up) that prove my point. (Ugh. I said literally twice in that last sentence, but I SWEAR TO YOU THAT MY LOVE FOR EVERYTHING HP RELATED IS QUITE LITERAL.) About all that screaming.... #sorrynotsorry
 
Moral of the story - 

harry potter harry never daniel radcliffe

.... insult any of my fandoms.

+ Real friends? Psshh ... who needs them? Because I know HP fanfiction will always make me feel better, that Ron's eating habits will never fail to crack me up, and that there's a plethora of Dumbledore quotes to address my issues. #basicallysumsupmylife

+ Same for enemies. Excuse me, but I'm too busy verbally beating Umbridge (ugh, can't even work up the respect to say Professor) to get in an argument with your sassy little self. 

+ Hardcore fangirls will kind of spoil anything and everything for newer ones. I'm extremely guilty of this. My friend (who is likely reading this post) kind of knew who the Half-Blood Prince was by the second page of the first book, all because of me. (cheeky little grin)

+ It takes over their language too. I won't call you an idiot. I prefer Squib, thank you very much, because that is a highly shameful position to be in. OK, let's be honest. I use idiot highly frequently as well, but only because of the Hermione line in the first book, "What an idiot," so teehee :)

+ At the end of the day, fangirls never part with their fandoms. Okay, this isn't fair. I just turned 11. Where's my Hogwarts letter? (I proceed to email every one of my British friends and closely watch all Zoella videos to clarify)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio