Today was our last day of school before our winter leave, and I'm already planning on how to use my break productively. Three goals I would like to reach:
1) Produce six blog posts during the two weeks of holiday vacation (three times a week.)
2) Write at least three chapters for a story I'm writing (but I won't rush it too much, because ideas should ooze rather than be forced.)
3) Work on my song for my recital, which is in February. That's a long time away, but I love the song and I couldn't resist singing it if I tried. I'll be performing "Rather Be," by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne.
Well, anyway, one day, my friend, who happens to attend band with me (she's a clarinetist as well), and I were talking about a quote I had found online when I was searching for inspiration for my choir concert program, since I volunteered (oh, did I forget to mention it took place last Friday?) It was a little holiday-themed phrase, and it was "Have yourself a merry little Christmas." When I first read it, it sounded a little rude, like it was said by someone who was forcing themselves to be nice but didn't really care, so they came out with something that was a tad mean. My friend and I were laughing about it, and she came up with something like, "Well I'll have a fun, jolly big Christmas, and you'll just have a little one!" It's kind of an unusual thing I was thinking of, but I felt like posting about it anyway.
My family doesn't religiously celebrate Christmas, but we still celebrate it for fun. I think although it has a lot to do with one particular religion, it's also about the spirit of giving, which is a lesson we all can learn. So we do exchange gifts and set up a Christmas tree. We don't celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa by culture either, but my friends and I do make sure to say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas," because every culture can throw their traditions into the mix for a celebration of giving and unity between races.




Images courtesy the Web
1) Produce six blog posts during the two weeks of holiday vacation (three times a week.)
2) Write at least three chapters for a story I'm writing (but I won't rush it too much, because ideas should ooze rather than be forced.)
3) Work on my song for my recital, which is in February. That's a long time away, but I love the song and I couldn't resist singing it if I tried. I'll be performing "Rather Be," by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne.
Well, anyway, one day, my friend, who happens to attend band with me (she's a clarinetist as well), and I were talking about a quote I had found online when I was searching for inspiration for my choir concert program, since I volunteered (oh, did I forget to mention it took place last Friday?) It was a little holiday-themed phrase, and it was "Have yourself a merry little Christmas." When I first read it, it sounded a little rude, like it was said by someone who was forcing themselves to be nice but didn't really care, so they came out with something that was a tad mean. My friend and I were laughing about it, and she came up with something like, "Well I'll have a fun, jolly big Christmas, and you'll just have a little one!" It's kind of an unusual thing I was thinking of, but I felt like posting about it anyway.
My family doesn't religiously celebrate Christmas, but we still celebrate it for fun. I think although it has a lot to do with one particular religion, it's also about the spirit of giving, which is a lesson we all can learn. So we do exchange gifts and set up a Christmas tree. We don't celebrate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa by culture either, but my friends and I do make sure to say "Happy Holidays" rather than "Merry Christmas," because every culture can throw their traditions into the mix for a celebration of giving and unity between races.


Images courtesy the Web

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio