Pages



f

Sunday, July 26, 2015

DIY Room Decor + Organization Ideas!

Hello there fellow wanderlusters! So in this post I'll be sharing with you 5 of my best room decor and organization tips and ideas. If your room is cluttered and messy and you want to find some amazing ways to organize and decorate your space, let's get started.

Tip 1: Organize your computer screen!
I have a MacBook Pro, and I just happen to take an infinite amount of screenshots a day, which end up on my screen, ruining the gorgeously aesthetic wallpaper I have. I never come around to moving these old screenshots to the trash, so this technique saved my life.
I made these custom wallpapers, and I can't really put their function into words, so maybe this screenshot (would you look at that!) of my home screen can help explain.


I also have a few wallpapers like this that I've made that you can download and use for your computer! Just right-click and save the image to your computer, then set your wallpaper as the image, drag your clutter into the boxes, and voila!











Tip 2: Make super-cheap bulletin boards!
Okay. So they're not really bulletin boards. But you can take a favorite poster of yours, put it up, and stick Post-its to it. If a poster isn't feasible, take a blank sheet of poster paper, stick washi tape on as a border, and start with the Post-its. Using these inexpensive bulletin board alternatives, you can write down appointments, homework, things on your to-do list, your friends' contact information, and quotes on your Post-its!

Tip 3: Make these awesome wall organizers!
First, cut out a circular piece of cardboard. Add some pizzazz to it with washi tape, construction paper, glitter, etc. You'll also need a few empty tape rolls. You can paint the tape rolls, washi tape them, or glue on colorful strips of paper. 


from here

Take caution for this step. If necessary, ask a responsible, careful person to help you out. Hot glue the tape rolls to your decorated piece of cardboard. Using these organizers, organize jewelry and small items.

Tip 4: Organize your cords!
This idea really helped me out; I'm always afraid that I'll damage my laptop charging cords or make them dirty if my chair rolls over them.
Start off with an empty toilet paper roll. Cover with construction paper, washi tape, glitter, etc. Wrap up your cords, with the plug still out, and slide them inside your toilet paper roll. Plug in your cords, and, you're set!

Tip 5: Make a DIY desk organizer!
Do you have loads of pens, pencils, Sharpies, highlighters, glue sticks, markers, and scissors that you want to efficiently store? Decorate a shoebox with washi tape, construction paper, glitter, etc. and squeeze in as many empty toilet paper rolls as you can. Then place all of your supplies into the rolls!

Which tip was your favorite? Any more ideas?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio