Pages



f

Monday, August 10, 2015

Expectations vs. Reality: The First Day of School

The Expectation vs. Reality trend has gotten pretty popular on YouTube - so I'm doing one for the first day of school!

Friend: OMG! OMG! OMG! I missed you SO much over the summer! Wait, wait - let's compare schedules. OMG! We have all the same classes! Life is complete!
Me: Yay! Friend, I've missed you so much too! Sleepover Friday night?
Friend: Totally!

Friend #2: GirlRadio! Ahhhhhhh! Where did you go over the summer?
Me: Peru! It was so exciting! How about you?
Friend #2: OMG, Peru! I've always wanted to go there! You're so lucky! My parents didn't take me anywhere!

Friend: Hey.
Me: Hey.
Friend: Can I see your schedule?
Me: Darn. Just lunch together. Oh, well.

Friend 2: Where did you go? I noticed you weren't here the last week of school.
Me: Peru.
Friend 2: (wrinkles nose) Oh, Peru. Isn't that where that city stone Incan thingy is? My parents didn't take me anywhere.
Me: City stone Incan thingy? Do you mean Machu Picchu? It's a UNESCO World Heritage site, dude. Come on.
Friend 2: Wait, what?

Friend: Um - locker 25 - found it! 
Me: OMG! I have locker 26! We're together!
Friend #2: And I have locker number 24!
(All three of us drop our backpacks and erupt into a squealing fit.)

Friend: GirlRadio, what's your locker number? I have 85. 
Me: What? I have 12!
Friend #2: And I have 35!
(We all drop our backpacks and erupt into a chorus of "Noooooooooooo"s.)

Teacher: GirlRadio! My favorite student! It's me, it's me! Your français (French) teacher!
Me: Bonjour (Hello), Madam! Je'm si heureux d'être de retour! (I'm so glad to be back!)
Teacher: Perfect French, as always! So perfect that there's no need for you to do the review homework!
Me: Oh, no, no, dear Teacher. I would gladly do homework for my favorite class.
Teacher: Non (No), I insist on rewarding you!
Me: Oh, you're too kind!


Teacher: Take your seats, everyone. French 2 will be much harder than French 1.
Me: Hi, Teacher!
Teacher: Hi, random student whose name I don't know.
Me: But, but you had me last year! Remember? GirlRadio!
Teacher: No.
Me: Um, I just wanted to say that I kind of didn't finish ALL of the summer homework ...
Teacher: What? Detention for a week!
Me: NOOOOOO!

Haha! I hope you enjoyed this post! Comment if you've had similar experiences! Just saying, the "Me" in the last "Reality" part is nothing like me in real life ... I love French; I would've done the homework!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio