Pages



f

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Summer.

Summer.
I spend my days blasting iTunes Radio, devouring books as I would Oreos, and pondering why the Willow Falls series had to end. Crying because I finished "Graceful," but then again, all good things must end.
I spend it binge-watching Netflix, dancing around my room in pj's, and making faces at the mirror.
Then I move onto my daily dose of blogging, addictive Bloglovin' use, and looking up life hacks.
It will end all too soon.

  This summer has gone by crazy fast. It feels like, no lie, just yesterday I was taking on wacky water slides at the end-of-school-year trip to the water park. I can't believe that Peru was two months ago.
  Maryland was over a year ago, I'm taking on sixth grade, I was a finalist in a DG writing contest. Look up "believable" in a thesaurus, my life will be listed as an antonym.
  School starts next Wednesday, but thankfully I'm fine because my school hosted a leadership workshop I attended today. It was a really great interactive leadership development conference with kids from around my area, and we participated in a lot of really cool games and activities to foster the skill of leadership.
  This past weekend my family went house hunting at a fantastic community nearby. Some of the houses we toured were still under construction, so we even got to wear hard hats! I couldn't take a picture, unfortunately.
  We're also going to, most likely, be painting our current home. I decided to do a two-tone wall with a white and a purple. If you're not familiar with the two-tone style, it's kind of like using two different colors on the wall instead of one, as depicted in the following.

from online

  We even ordered samples, little paint buckets that we could test-paint on the walls to see if we liked the colors. My mom and I had quite a laugh painting some regions of my room's walls:


  Of course, this was just to see - we're probably not painting for another week. We'll a) get it professionally done, or b) do it ourselves. 
  I will miss this summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio