Remember those DIY notebook covers I talked about in my September DIY To-Do List from Tuesday? I actually got the chance to drop by Michaels and buy the necessary materials! So in this post, I'll be teaching you how to make DIY notebook covers that could work for any type of notebook, including spirals. I found that I was able to make 5 notebooks cute by DIYing them for the price of 2 cute notebooks from Target DURING the back-to-school sale.
1. Grab your glue or Mod Podge and stick the scrapbooking paper to your notebook cover. DO NOT worry about any cutting until the next step. Your notebook, at the end of this step, should look like this:
2. Now you'll be cutting. Turn your notebook so that it faces down, and cut around your notebook.
A notebook
Scrapbooking paper
Washi tape
Glue OR Mod Podge
A thin Sharpie
Scissors
1. Grab your glue or Mod Podge and stick the scrapbooking paper to your notebook cover. DO NOT worry about any cutting until the next step. Your notebook, at the end of this step, should look like this:
2. Now you'll be cutting. Turn your notebook so that it faces down, and cut around your notebook.
3. Now let's get to the fun part! With your washi tape, create a vertical tape flag similar to what I've done below. Rotate the notebook such that the spirals are on the bottom, and, in your best handwriting, write the name of the subject the notebook is for. Be sure to write your identifying information in the top left corner. Done! [click to enlarge]
Surprise! How do you like the purple on my walls? It's two-tone, so there's white above the purple.
Email me pictures of your finished DIY at nerdglassesandwanderlust@gmail.com.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio