Makeup. The m-word. The powerful stuff that can completely alter one's appearance, the stuff that can hide your physical flaws.
I don't wear makeup. It would actually be really weird if I did, considering I am way too young for it, but I have worn it before for shows and performances. And it is a major confidence booster being up on stage and knowing that I look and feel good. I'm able to let go and think about my performance and not the pimple on my forehead or how my lips were chapped that morning. And I'm probably not going to ever decide to wear makeup regularly, but maybe once in a while when I'm older I'll add that little punch to my appearance.
But for those who do wear makeup, it's nothing to be ashamed of. True beauty all comes down to confidence. We're all different, so our confidence comes from different things. For one girl it might be wearing tons of makeup, for one girl it might be wearing none, and for another it could be right in the middle. But what I do want to say is that makeup is still superficial, so leaving the house decked in layers of foundation and coats of lipstick and looking like you applied mascara ten times over isn't exactly necessary. You are beautiful just the way you are, so don't feel obligated to wear it every day, and don't feel any less than perfect when you're not wearing it. Try not to become so consumed and invested in wearing makeup that it detracts from what's really important, like your relationships with friends and family, working on your passions, and doing well in school.
And remember that in fifty years you're not going to feel guilty about an eyebrow hair being out of place, but about the way that you made the people in your life feel, and how you treated him. Having a bad hair day, for example, happens to the best of us - but don't let that part of the way you look affect your whole day and how you treat others. Makeup can't hide an ugly heart.
AND (gosh, I have so much to say about this) improper use of makeup can take a toll on your skin. Sometimes we're lazy and sleep in our makeup, which can lead to acne issues, premature aging, and eye irritation, to name a few. Healthy is part of beautiful, so eat well and exercise!
So remember that wearing makeup is your choice, no one else's. You are beautiful no matter what.
After that, I've got a quick life update! You may know (I'm not sure if I told you all) that there were Seussical auditions in May, and that the show was postponed until the fall because 75% of the people in our community were travelling. The show was changed to The Elf, which we will perform in November (rehearsals start at the end of September). It's a really funny show based off of a movie starring Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel... you may have heard of it. Well, even better, it turns out one of the shows is on my birthday! I reauditioned today and I can't wait to find out what I got!
Tell me what YOU think about makeup!
I don't wear makeup. It would actually be really weird if I did, considering I am way too young for it, but I have worn it before for shows and performances. And it is a major confidence booster being up on stage and knowing that I look and feel good. I'm able to let go and think about my performance and not the pimple on my forehead or how my lips were chapped that morning. And I'm probably not going to ever decide to wear makeup regularly, but maybe once in a while when I'm older I'll add that little punch to my appearance.
But for those who do wear makeup, it's nothing to be ashamed of. True beauty all comes down to confidence. We're all different, so our confidence comes from different things. For one girl it might be wearing tons of makeup, for one girl it might be wearing none, and for another it could be right in the middle. But what I do want to say is that makeup is still superficial, so leaving the house decked in layers of foundation and coats of lipstick and looking like you applied mascara ten times over isn't exactly necessary. You are beautiful just the way you are, so don't feel obligated to wear it every day, and don't feel any less than perfect when you're not wearing it. Try not to become so consumed and invested in wearing makeup that it detracts from what's really important, like your relationships with friends and family, working on your passions, and doing well in school.
And remember that in fifty years you're not going to feel guilty about an eyebrow hair being out of place, but about the way that you made the people in your life feel, and how you treated him. Having a bad hair day, for example, happens to the best of us - but don't let that part of the way you look affect your whole day and how you treat others. Makeup can't hide an ugly heart.
AND (gosh, I have so much to say about this) improper use of makeup can take a toll on your skin. Sometimes we're lazy and sleep in our makeup, which can lead to acne issues, premature aging, and eye irritation, to name a few. Healthy is part of beautiful, so eat well and exercise!
So remember that wearing makeup is your choice, no one else's. You are beautiful no matter what.
After that, I've got a quick life update! You may know (I'm not sure if I told you all) that there were Seussical auditions in May, and that the show was postponed until the fall because 75% of the people in our community were travelling. The show was changed to The Elf, which we will perform in November (rehearsals start at the end of September). It's a really funny show based off of a movie starring Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel... you may have heard of it. Well, even better, it turns out one of the shows is on my birthday! I reauditioned today and I can't wait to find out what I got!
Tell me what YOU think about makeup!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio