ARGH IT'S 2016!
I've been seeing so many other bloggers doing posts where they recap the past year of their life, and I decided I might as well do one too. In this post, I'll be sharing my month-by-month favorite posts, major events in my life, my 2016 New Year's resolutions, as well as a brief little paragraph about what I'm most excited for in 2016.
Favorite Posts // Nerd Glasses and Wanderlust
January: Profile
March: #DearMe
April: Spring Break! + A Poem
June: Between Profile: Part 2 and Guest Post Swap Coming Soon! + Bucket List!
July: Oakstar's Takeover
August: Between What I Look For in a Blog, July Recap | Nerd Glasses and Wanderlust, Expectations vs. Reality: The First Day of School, and Summer. (August was one of the greatest months on my blog! Although my review of I Will Always Write Back wasn't featured, I recently discovered that the authors of the book posted my review on Facebook!)
September: Between Breaking Through and Standing Out, Memories, Interview: Noor from A Little Bit of Sunshine, and The Makeup Debate
October: Between Internet Humor and 4 Stereotypes from Disney Movies
November: The Utter Struggles of Being Four-Eyed
December: 12 Days of Blogmas: Day 12: Setting a New Year's Resolution
In My Life
In 2015, I:
Self-Improvement
+ can fairly fluently speak English, French, and Italian, with a working knowledge of Spanish, Turkish, and Telugu (my mother tongue)
+ participated in an Algebra I summer class where I learned how to deal comfortably with situations where I may be the youngest and still make friends
+ took on a project where I aimed to better understand my cultural and religious identity and where I fit into our country's landscape as a minority
+ took on another project, this time to deck out my room with new furniture, and had my walls painted
+ attended my first concert
+ began to volunteer for an anti-smoking organization
+ got contact lenses
+ turned 11
+ (if this is considered improvement) created an Instagram account (@nerdglassesandwanderlust)
+ created a Tumblr account (I'll share it with you when I get to posting something on my Tumblr)
+ a book review of mine was recognized by the authors of the book
+ started reading the Divergent series
+ did my first DIY
+ developed my first app with a friend, which was an app for parents and teachers to search for movies and identify whether it had any smoking content (since teens are heavily influenced by what they see on the screen), submitted it to a competition, and ranked as a semifinalist on a global scale
Performing
+ performed in 2 musicals with major roles in both
+ performed in my first Grand Recital since I started vocal lessons last year
+ had my first clarinet performance
+ performed in my 4th violin recital
+ participated in 3 vocal competitions, earning first place every time
+ wrote my 2nd song and entered it in a songwriting competition
+ performed at other local venues
+ auditioned for America's Got Talent, to perform at a SF 49ers game, and to perform at a Santa Cruz Warriors basketball game (which I was considered for)
Adventure
+ ran my second 5K
+ went slingshotting in Peru
+ hiked Machu Picchu by myself (of course I wasn't at Machu Picchu alone, but my family was lagging behind, so technically I did it myself)
+ biked the Golden Gate Bridge
Blogging
+ reached 100 posts here on my blog
+ participated in the Blogger Choice Awards and won Best Choice Original Content
+ did my first guest post swap and interview swap
+ reached my second blogiversary
+ posted my first book review, poem, and short story
+ was reached out to do my first blog design for another blogger
+ made my first blogging buddies out of the continent
+ started my first collab blog with Oakstar and Amelie
Travel
+ visited my second World Wonder
+ traveled to South America for the first time
+ experienced my first vehicle crash (on the not-so-bright side)
+ attended sleep away camp for the first time
+ went to a water park for the first time
+ explored catacombs for the first time
+ went to Los Angeles (where I've already been at least 15 times, but still)
2016 New Year's Resolutions
+ Reach a French fluency of 85% on Duolingo.
+ Maintain my weight (thankfully I'm already at a healthy weight) and diminish any unhealthy habits I have.
+ Write a book (!!!) and start thinking of ways to publish it.
+ Write and compose an EP or album (still deciding.)
What I'm Most Excited for in 2016
To be honest, I'm most excited for the music. Which sounds like a minor thing to be excited about, I know, but I do know a few of my favorite artists are due to release new music this year, and I'm also hoping there'll be one more T-Swizzle single (Are we out of the woods yet? #OOTWmusicvideo). Another thing I'm super excited for is probably just watching what new video ideas my favorite YouTubers come up with. I've been developing my subscription list and now I've been adding Dan & Phil (SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY I DON'T SHIP PHAN THOUGH), The Fine Brothers (I've been watching TONS of Teens React), BuzzfeedYellow, Troye Sivan, and Grace Helbig to my favorite channels.
That's it for this post! Totally share anything you'd like below :)
In My Life
In 2015, I:
Self-Improvement
+ can fairly fluently speak English, French, and Italian, with a working knowledge of Spanish, Turkish, and Telugu (my mother tongue)
+ participated in an Algebra I summer class where I learned how to deal comfortably with situations where I may be the youngest and still make friends
+ took on a project where I aimed to better understand my cultural and religious identity and where I fit into our country's landscape as a minority
+ took on another project, this time to deck out my room with new furniture, and had my walls painted
+ attended my first concert
+ began to volunteer for an anti-smoking organization
+ got contact lenses
+ turned 11
+ (if this is considered improvement) created an Instagram account (@nerdglassesandwanderlust)
+ created a Tumblr account (I'll share it with you when I get to posting something on my Tumblr)
+ a book review of mine was recognized by the authors of the book
+ started reading the Divergent series
+ did my first DIY
+ developed my first app with a friend, which was an app for parents and teachers to search for movies and identify whether it had any smoking content (since teens are heavily influenced by what they see on the screen), submitted it to a competition, and ranked as a semifinalist on a global scale
Performing
+ performed in 2 musicals with major roles in both
+ performed in my first Grand Recital since I started vocal lessons last year
+ had my first clarinet performance
+ performed in my 4th violin recital
+ participated in 3 vocal competitions, earning first place every time
+ wrote my 2nd song and entered it in a songwriting competition
+ performed at other local venues
+ auditioned for America's Got Talent, to perform at a SF 49ers game, and to perform at a Santa Cruz Warriors basketball game (which I was considered for)
Adventure
+ ran my second 5K
+ went slingshotting in Peru
+ hiked Machu Picchu by myself (of course I wasn't at Machu Picchu alone, but my family was lagging behind, so technically I did it myself)
+ biked the Golden Gate Bridge
+ reached 100 posts here on my blog
+ participated in the Blogger Choice Awards and won Best Choice Original Content
+ did my first guest post swap and interview swap
+ reached my second blogiversary
+ posted my first book review, poem, and short story
+ was reached out to do my first blog design for another blogger
+ made my first blogging buddies out of the continent
+ started my first collab blog with Oakstar and Amelie
Travel
+ visited my second World Wonder
+ traveled to South America for the first time
+ experienced my first vehicle crash (on the not-so-bright side)
+ attended sleep away camp for the first time
+ went to a water park for the first time
+ explored catacombs for the first time
+ went to Los Angeles (where I've already been at least 15 times, but still)
2016 New Year's Resolutions
+ Reach a French fluency of 85% on Duolingo.
+ Maintain my weight (thankfully I'm already at a healthy weight) and diminish any unhealthy habits I have.
+ Write a book (!!!) and start thinking of ways to publish it.
+ Write and compose an EP or album (still deciding.)
What I'm Most Excited for in 2016
To be honest, I'm most excited for the music. Which sounds like a minor thing to be excited about, I know, but I do know a few of my favorite artists are due to release new music this year, and I'm also hoping there'll be one more T-Swizzle single (Are we out of the woods yet? #OOTWmusicvideo). Another thing I'm super excited for is probably just watching what new video ideas my favorite YouTubers come up with. I've been developing my subscription list and now I've been adding Dan & Phil (SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY I DON'T SHIP PHAN THOUGH), The Fine Brothers (I've been watching TONS of Teens React), BuzzfeedYellow, Troye Sivan, and Grace Helbig to my favorite channels.
That's it for this post! Totally share anything you'd like below :)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio