Pages



f

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Seeing the World (Clearly) Through My Own Eyes

For four years, that's something that I've been incapable of.
I've had glasses since I was seven. I hardly ever took them off; I really only do when I'm showering, sleeping, or playing a sport involving a ball.
So today was a really big day in my life. I got contacts, and I can't even explain how amazing it felt to step outside of the optometry and be able to see clearly on my own.
I've wanted contacts for the past year. I always take my glasses off when I perform and when I take pictures, both of which occur quite frequently. I feel happier and more confident without my glasses, and now I can feel that way most of the time.
Now, getting contacts? It's not all cracked up to be. My sister has worn contacts for eight years, so her presence was crucial to the contact fitting. It took me 15 tries to put each of my contacts in, and 3 tries to take each of them out - we had to go through that whole process twice, which is why I'm extremely grateful that my sister and mom were so patient. I struggled because I always blinked right before they were about to go into my eye, and it was then that I realized there are a whole lot of rules regarding my contacts, some of them which will hurt like crazy if I break! I have to put in the cleaning solution every 3 tries just so they don't become dry, and the fitting ended up taking two hours and being fairly expensive ;)
Well, at least I can go to school on Monday proud, happy, and confident - that is, if I can learn to put on my contacts quickly and without help.
This was a really short post; sorry about that! I'll be doing a longer post next year (see how weird that sounds?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio