1. Death is your number one fear.
VOLDEMORT'S HORCUXES
Everyone's scared of dying. But if you're a mentally dysfunctional pscyho who would do anything to avoid it, it's a different story. If you've ever craved immortality, wished you could live forever, I hate to break it to you - Lord Voldemort could potentially be your alter ego. While you can't jump to that conclusion from one symptom, keep cautious.

2. You feel like you can communicate with animals.
VOLDEMORT'S ABILITY TO SPEAK PARSELTONGUE
Have you ever felt you could communicate with animals, empathize with them, felt like they knew what you meant when you spoke? Do you ever feel so close to animals, especially snakes, that it's almost like you can understand them? Does no one else seem to connect with animals in the same way? This is a MAJOR red flag that either you're basically Voldemort or his zombie possessed you. You know what, I've always wondered why they never had zombies and vampires in the series.
Don't stress tho. Harry Potter himself's a Parselmouth.
3. You have a knack for knowing when someone's lying to you.
VOLDEMORT'S LEGILIMENCY
And it's like you can read their mind. You notice their nervous tics, their facial expressions, and whenever someone lies, you can sense it, like an internal lie detector. Maybe you even know exactly what they're thinking, but hey, this would still be pretty useful. I mean, you would know for sure that girl from school was lying when she said she gave you your pencil back.
4. You have a journal or diary.
VOLDEMORT'S DIARY HORCRUX
This is pretty common, and I guess everyone who keeps a diary can't be Voldemort, but he did journal - and he took it seriously, as his diary became a Horcrux and he placed part of his soul inside of it. He used his diary to preserve his 16-year-old self.
I just realized I keep a journal. *laughs nervously* Eek.
5. You're extremely competitive and almost always get what you want.
VOLDEMORT'S VOLDEMORT-NESS
Voldemort - let's just say he was willing to go to any length to get what he wanted, and in most cases, that's a good thing, because a goal-setter + go-getter nature is the bomb. Except when that entails killing innocent people. And killing people in general. Of course, as Dumbledore would say, there are things worse than death, but Voldemort would never hesitate to inflict those upon his enemies (and, again, people who have nothing to do with him) too.
It's okay to have a "I deserve this, and I'm going to work hard to achieve it" mindset. You should. But don't ever go to the extent of sabotage or just being a jerk. You might really want something, but that doesn't justify calling your competitors every word you wouldn't say in front of your mom or talking smack about them behind their back. BASIC DECENCY, people. Not so hard to grasp. Ugh, I totally just launched into rant mode.
5. You have your mind set on global domination.
VOLDEMORT'S VOLDEMORT-NESS
Every six- to ten-year-old kid, basically. They all say they want to rule the world, bathe in candy, and be a Disney Princess. Voldemort's life focus hadn't shifted even when he was seventy. Aspring to make change and dreaming big is AMAZING, but then again, his vision was to slay all half-bloods, blood traitors, and Muggle-borns (basically, committing suicide, since he's a half-blood himself) and lead the world into global war and form an army of every dangerous creature in existence to set on the people he didn't get on with (everyone who didn't sign up to massage his feet).
6. You always lead.
VOLDEMORT'S VOLDEMORT-NESS
Again, being a #girlboss is, like, fantastic. But if no one dares disobey you out of fear for their intactness, it's a different situation. Breathe wrong once and you're in Voldemort's bad books. Breathe wrong twice and ... sorry, but Avada Kedavra.
Better way to be a leader: Set an example, prove you deserve to lead, practice empathy, and be kind to everyone you come across. Don't smash people's faces, because no one wants to deal with a leader who fits every entry under "bad" on Thesaurus.com. (Don't be - uh, atrocious, awful, cheap, crummy, dreadful, lousy, you get it.)
I'm so mad at myself. I haven't posted in almost a month! That's - wait a second - unacceptable, blah, and inadequate. Worry not; I have more posts lined up! How's the new blog design? How many of the above symptoms do you fulfill? :) xx
VOLDEMORT'S VOLDEMORT-NESS
Every six- to ten-year-old kid, basically. They all say they want to rule the world, bathe in candy, and be a Disney Princess. Voldemort's life focus hadn't shifted even when he was seventy. Aspring to make change and dreaming big is AMAZING, but then again, his vision was to slay all half-bloods, blood traitors, and Muggle-borns (basically, committing suicide, since he's a half-blood himself) and lead the world into global war and form an army of every dangerous creature in existence to set on the people he didn't get on with (everyone who didn't sign up to massage his feet).
6. You always lead.
VOLDEMORT'S VOLDEMORT-NESS
Again, being a #girlboss is, like, fantastic. But if no one dares disobey you out of fear for their intactness, it's a different situation. Breathe wrong once and you're in Voldemort's bad books. Breathe wrong twice and ... sorry, but Avada Kedavra.
Better way to be a leader: Set an example, prove you deserve to lead, practice empathy, and be kind to everyone you come across. Don't smash people's faces, because no one wants to deal with a leader who fits every entry under "bad" on Thesaurus.com. (Don't be - uh, atrocious, awful, cheap, crummy, dreadful, lousy, you get it.)
I'm so mad at myself. I haven't posted in almost a month! That's - wait a second - unacceptable, blah, and inadequate. Worry not; I have more posts lined up! How's the new blog design? How many of the above symptoms do you fulfill? :) xx

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio