Pages



f

Friday, July 1, 2016

summer so far.

YAAAAS HAPPY JULY.
To celebrate the Fourth of July (may the fourth be with you!), my family's driving up to Crater Lake in Oregon for the weekend. From what I've seen so far, the lake is definitely Instagram-worthy, and I'm stoked to leave.
I've just realized that we've almost finished off the first half of summer, and I just want to talk about what it's been like so far for me. Just like last year, I've been taking summer math credit courses, and let me just say that Common Core frazzles me. :|
I also want to mention that I'm now entering middle school. I've just been promoted from sixth grade and to be honest, it's difficult to process the fact that I'll never be a student at my (former) elementary school again.
From June 9 (which was promotion) to June 12, my family drove down to SoCal to hit up Universal Studios Hollywood (yes I was wearing my Gryffindor robe and Triwizard Tournament shirt the while day) and Palm Springs. I captioned my Insta post the same way: my fangirl heart exploded my first time drinking butterbeer, dining at The Three Broomsticks, riding a hippogriff, exploring Hogwarts, AND CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE MY GORGEOUS HERMIONE WAND REPLICA.

such a beauty

also be a patient human being as i try out this dope filter

Spending a day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and exploring the rest of the Universal Studios was insanely fun. Make a beeline to the Jurassic Park water ride as soon as you get there! My Gryffindor-ness got the best of me and I volunteered to sit unprotected at the edge of the coaster, but out of all the rides outside the Wizarding World, it was definitely my favorite - wait until that huge drop! I was totally drenched :) I can't believe my family doesn't visit more often, given how frequently we drive down to LA. When we went to Palm Springs, we boarded the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and we were brought up to San Jacinto State Park, where we hiked for a few hours. Frankly, the views were breathtaking.
We're also planning to fly out to India at the end of July! I'm Indian-American, but I haven't visited my home country since before I started first grade. Now that I'm going back as an incoming seventh grader, it's also in part a way to celebrate my older sister going off to Stanford for college and the six years I've spent at my elementary school.
I don't think I've already mentioned how excited I am for the release of the Cursed Child on July 31st. It's incredibly mind-boggling to think that it's been two years since I spent the summer in Maryland for my sister's summer internship there. That was the summer I virtually met some of my closest blogging friends, and that also means my third blogiversary is fast approaching. Additionally, that was the summer I finished reading Harry Potter for the first time, so I'm pscyhed to be able to read new content. Speaking of which, have you already been sorted into your Ilvermorny houses? If so, which one? I'm a proud Gryffindor-Wampus (Pottermore sorted me into both).
Happy Canada Day to all my lovely Canadian friends and happy early Fourth of July :)
How are your summers going?

xx Sneha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio