Pages



f

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

WHOA IT'S BEEN THREE YEARS

2013.
Wow, that was a long time ago.
Donald Trump, white Vans, and Harambe hadn't seen the light yet, and I was just that weird geeky kid in elementary school with an immense tooth gap and glasses who kind of sang sometimes. Who also ended up prancing on the stage, ego and all, a few months later in a red wig that made me look like a Halloween try-hard and eye makeup my mom had messed up on as Ariel in The Little Mermaid. So basically, I was socially awkward and I thought I was popular. And I started a blog, my humble abode on the Internet I share with fellow weird people who rant.
I considered what I wanted to do for this post a lot. Something special, something to commemorate the three years I've been blogging ... something to show how much I've changed. I wear contacts, for one, I have an irrational fear of changing my hair color in any way, and I can get that winged liner right on at least one eye. Myself.
But, hey, I'm normal. My idiocy hasn't left me, and I'm still figuring everything out, trial and error. I still feel doubtful about whether I really do have a cognitive condition that impairs my mental growth, and I learn and work my way through life through failure I don't learn from.
I'm still in this process of finding myself, of understanding who I am and where I want to go. So, in honor of 10:07 PM on September 27, 2013, let me reintroduce myself to you.
Hi.
I'm Sneha. That's snay-hah. Don't mispronounce my name.
In three words, I'm a basic brown girl. I like Starbucks. My entire closet is basically an H&M catalog. Nutella is the bane of my existence. I'm obsessed with Pretty Little Liars. I say "savage" way too much. Draco Malfoy is my spirit animal. I've probably posted pictures of aesthetically pleasing food a few times on Instagram, and yes, how any given place I'm going to will fit into my feed is my primary concern. If I'm not responding to your texts, I'm probably on Tumblr. I'm fluent in emoji. I waste my life on YouTube.
I'm also a crazy opinionated, hardcore feminist. I contradict misogyny. I don't stand for racism, homophobia, transphobia, anything. I don't care if I'm the only person in the room who can define intersectional feminism or cultural appropriation.
And Nerd Glasses and Wanderlust is where I talk about my thoughts, my adventures, my opinions, and my dreams.
Gosh, I can't believe it's been three years.

xx Sneha



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio