Pages



f

Monday, July 7, 2014

Maryland Update # 8


Maryland Exclusive

Independence Day was probably the best day this summer. I've had to cope with a lot of adjustments, considering my family moved across the country for the summer, but the hardest part was probably being away from my dad for a month. He's back home at our house in California, but late that night he came over to visit for two days. Gladly, I was able to see him, but I won't be able to live with him permanently again until early August. Did I mention we moved across the country and that I'm so lucky I moved somewhere a half hour away from Washington, D.C.? We can just take the metro and visit the National Mall when we want. That noon, we lay on the lawn in front of the Washington Monument and checked out the Museum of National History. The Monument has a perfect view of the Capitol, and if you walk a little farther you'll see the White House. In bed, I tossed and turned and kept calling for the time for my dad to come. He came when I was sleeping, just before midnight. As a family, we went on a road trip across Boston and Philadelphia. This weekend has been amazing!  

By the way, some of our road trip destinations got canceled because when my dad was flying over, there was a sand storm in Phoenix and the trip got delayed by a day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio