Over spring break I'll be involved in a slew of things - like a possible Six Flags visit, additional Annie rehearsals, a possible San Francisco overnight, and regular activities.
Spring is absolutely beautiful in my community. The changes from fall and winter are evident, though the first weeks of spring are cold. What with our new third trimester seating assignments, the fifth-grade musical, and my rigorous Annie rehearsals, the school year is at its peak. We will begin testing at the end of April, and we are involved in a science PBL (project-based learning) that we work on every day. I'm pretty much booked. Mondays are always the busiest - activities lined up one after another. I'm using my spare time on my questionnaire. At least I'll be looking forward to a Thoroughly Modern Millie audition in May, but still I am very busy.
Starting tomorrow we have no school. I'm trying to decipher summer plans so I can join camps. I hope I can go to musical theatre camp and I've been thinking of giving baking a go ... what do you think?
Would you agree that this time of year is hectic? Why so?
By the way, here is a poem I wrote about the night hike at science camp (we just got back our field journals):
It was a silent stroll.
The night flaunted cricket chirps and frog ribbits.
The tall redwoods graced the sky, meeting the clouds.
The pungent scent of bay laurels filled the air.
Moss draped the surrounding rocks as emotion draped my mind.
New ventures satisfy us.
We feast on "moon rocks" and discuss triboluminescence.
I have walked stealthily as a ninja.
Stamina dipping low, we make it back to the campsite.
The night has ended.
Spring is absolutely beautiful in my community. The changes from fall and winter are evident, though the first weeks of spring are cold. What with our new third trimester seating assignments, the fifth-grade musical, and my rigorous Annie rehearsals, the school year is at its peak. We will begin testing at the end of April, and we are involved in a science PBL (project-based learning) that we work on every day. I'm pretty much booked. Mondays are always the busiest - activities lined up one after another. I'm using my spare time on my questionnaire. At least I'll be looking forward to a Thoroughly Modern Millie audition in May, but still I am very busy.
Starting tomorrow we have no school. I'm trying to decipher summer plans so I can join camps. I hope I can go to musical theatre camp and I've been thinking of giving baking a go ... what do you think?
Would you agree that this time of year is hectic? Why so?
By the way, here is a poem I wrote about the night hike at science camp (we just got back our field journals):
It was a silent stroll.
The night flaunted cricket chirps and frog ribbits.
The tall redwoods graced the sky, meeting the clouds.
The pungent scent of bay laurels filled the air.
Moss draped the surrounding rocks as emotion draped my mind.
New ventures satisfy us.
We feast on "moon rocks" and discuss triboluminescence.
I have walked stealthily as a ninja.
Stamina dipping low, we make it back to the campsite.
The night has ended.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio