Yesterday, my older sister turned 17! Both Potterheads, we laughed about how "the Trace was off her" and about her "plans to become a Hogwarts professor." It turned out to be a pretty great day.
We left the house for an amazing restaurant in our area; the food was great and we got a free birthday "pizookie" - pizza-cookie - which was also delicious. We then left for our local movie theatre to watch Tomorrowland, but it ended up lasting late through the night, and I slept after midnight. I've never watched a movie in the middle of the school week, so it was quite fun.
I'm counting down the days until June 6! That marvelous day will be the day we embark on our 9-day journey to Peru. I've been working on and off on my packing list and our itinerary to prepare myself. I haven't been outside the country since my Europe trip the summer before second grade. Four years of international travel withdrawal is too much for me. This is how my travel since then has been:
Summer Before 3rd Grade Hawaii: Oahu
Summer Before 4th Grade Alaska: Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway + a day trip to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada + a day trip to Seattle, Washington
Summer Before 5th Grade Maryland: Montgomery County + weekly day trips to Washington, D.C.
Summer Before 6th Grade Peru: Lima, Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu
We left the house for an amazing restaurant in our area; the food was great and we got a free birthday "pizookie" - pizza-cookie - which was also delicious. We then left for our local movie theatre to watch Tomorrowland, but it ended up lasting late through the night, and I slept after midnight. I've never watched a movie in the middle of the school week, so it was quite fun.
I'm counting down the days until June 6! That marvelous day will be the day we embark on our 9-day journey to Peru. I've been working on and off on my packing list and our itinerary to prepare myself. I haven't been outside the country since my Europe trip the summer before second grade. Four years of international travel withdrawal is too much for me. This is how my travel since then has been:
Summer Before 3rd Grade Hawaii: Oahu
Summer Before 4th Grade Alaska: Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway + a day trip to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada + a day trip to Seattle, Washington
Summer Before 5th Grade Maryland: Montgomery County + weekly day trips to Washington, D.C.
Summer Before 6th Grade Peru: Lima, Cusco, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio