Pages



f

Monday, June 1, 2015

Last Week of School + Discovery Girls + Busting Summer Boredom

I know school & finals are wrapping up (or may have ended for you already) and the school year is coming to a close. I want to congratulate you all for your successes throughout the school year! Keep your head up high because you're all incredibly unique, talented, epic... 
Five days until my next trip - Peru has always felt like a thing of the future, but since it's now just around the corner, I'm ecstatic for this final week of school to end! My class is having a pizza/yearbook signing party this Friday that would have been next week, but since I'm missing school next week, was rescheduled to Friday.
I haven’t received word from Discovery Girls (have any of you?) but after putting forth some 
research, it appears to me that no one was contacted. I may be wrong. May is over; but after seeing how the selection status has not been updated saying that they are notifying the selected girls, and that nobody has posted anything about getting picked on the DG Blog, I think they may have fallen behind schedule. After all, last year they had only finished by June 10. That’s me; examining every detail regardless of how important it seems. Good luck to you all and do say if you have been chosen! And any chosen blogger, if I don’t get to experience the amazingness that is the Summit, please fill me in!
Along the lines of Oakstar’s recent post about busting summer boredom, I have some ideas of my own. Remember; blowing away time on YouTube is a trap many fall into, and although spending time with Superwoman and Ryan Higa and Bethany Mota and Madilyn Bailey is fun and easy, you should probably resort to getting in some exercise, reading, spending time with friends/family, and simply exploring the world around you. So your technology time should be minimal, I think, but having it fairly balanced would make all the difference as well. Sorry for being so serious in this paragraph. :)
That’s all for now!

6/2/15 Update: Do not lose hope, those of you who've applied to the Summit! Godgirl2292 (Chloe) and Amelie have notified me with the information that Discovery Girls is still reading Summit questionnaires and that no one has been contacted yet. Chloe messaged the Discovery Girls staff herself and they responded with these details.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio