Pages



f

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Seussical Auditions + Memorial Day + Summit

Yesterday were the Seussical auditions! I think it generally went well; there wasn't a huge turnout and the song I chose, "Defying Gravity," from Wicked, was a good choice for my voice and vocal range. The acting and dancing portions also ran smoothly. On June 15th, I'll know my role. I'm torn between Gertrude, a classic ingenue who is dissatisfied with her appearance and is constantly vying for the affection of Horton the Elephant, and Mayzie La Bird, who is quite obnoxious and sees everyone as her inferiors. Gertrude envies Mayzie, who then shows Gertrude the "self-beautification" process. Gertrude believes her changed appearance will catch the eye of Horton, but Horton ends up loving Gertrude for her personality. They are polar opposites, but both characters interest me.
My mom and I have planned to go to Six Flags tomorrow, but we're not so sure. Happy Memorial Day everyone! I have a long weekend and will be swimsuit shopping on Monday for my water park field trip on Wednesday. I've been doing some summer planning and will be learning and performing and having lots of fun, which is great.
Discovery Girls will be notifying the selected Discovery Girls (that sounds kind of weird) in a few days! It's hard to believe that I'll know if I made it in just a week. Even if I don't get the email from them saying I got in, if I'm not notified by June 1st, I didn't make it. I've said it so many times it's probably annoying by now, but I can't wait! I remember my disappointment last year when May flew by and, on one evening in mid-June, I received a consolation email from Discovery Girls.
Well, that's all for now! Have a nice evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio