Pages



f

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Student Council Results + What's On My Mind

I didn't make student council. I'm pretty bummed because I don't have another opportunity in elementary school. But, I just looked back at an old issue of Discovery Girls, which I always refer to when my spirits are down. I found a story about one of the Discovery Girls. She'd run for student council three times, just like me, but hadn't been picked. Despite not being part of that group, she started a club at her school, which she'd thought student council would be her pathway to doing. So I realized I could still make an impact, which I'm aiming to do, without being voted for. Just because I'm not as popular as some of the others doesn't make me any less of a person. That reminds me of Jollygirl's most recent post about popularity.

My heart has been beating very fast lately! I entered a competition about app development and entrepreneuship with my friend, and the semifinalists will be announced tomorrow. I'll find out if I got in to Discovery Girls soon ... there's just so much on my mind! On top of that, I'll be doing a lot of travel. I just had a "finalizing our Peru itinerary" session with my family! There are so many reasons to look forward to (and not look forward to) the end of the school year.

My family has been thinking about some house design plans for the summer. I'm excited at the possibility of refurnishing my room and painting the walls. It's pretty nice right now, but there are so many marker marks on the wall from when my sister and I were little. Well, I'll be dreaming up some floor plans for now....

Something that excites me more is all of the adventure we'll be involved in while we're in Peru. When I was seven, I went to Hawaii, and rode a horse at one of the ranches. I was too short and young to go on a trail, so I was guided around a small park. It's funny to look back at those days as a 5'2" ten-year-old! When I was eight, I went to Alaska, and went on a ziplining course in Ketchikan. Well, I'm going to not only get to ride a horse around some Inca ruins in Cusco (a city in Peru) but get to experience some bungee jumping, also in Cusco! Considering Cusco is already 11,150 feet above sea level, it sounds like a crazy idea, but I'm up for it! I'm anxious to go to Peru. It just fascinates me to touch something as simple as a wall and imagine the people who've touched that same wall thousands of years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio