Pages



f

Friday, June 19, 2015

Noor's Book Challenge

I was recently going through some posts on Bloglovin' when Oakstar's latest post gave me this idea! Feel free to do this tag on your own blog.






RULES:
Must answer all questions
Repost the picture with a link to Noor's blog

You MAY tag people if you would like, but it isn't required
Have fun!

Let's get started!


1. June/July TBR? (To be read)
I definitely want to try The Postcard by Tony Abbott, and Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan. I Will Always Write Back by Caitlin Alifirenka and Martin Ganda is currently at the top of my library book stack.

2. Book (series) you would like to see as a movie?
The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer! The series puts such an amazing twist on fairy tales; it challenges how well you really know your characters. Maybe the Evil Queen isn't so bad after all, or there's a long-lost Prince Charming. I'm hoping that in the future this series will become a movie series!

3. Overhyped book/author?
I really apologize to Percy Jackson fans, but I felt that the series was very similar to Harry Potter (which, despite my Witch status, was a bad thing) and lacked that captivating punch. Rick Riordan is an awesome author, but I think he could've done better. I stopped reading after a few books. I know many will beg to differ; it's just my taste.

4. The best book series you will ever read?
GO POTTERHEADS! I completely agree with Oakstar and a lot of the blogging crowd on this one; the Harry Potter series is just epic!

5. Book to movie adaptation that was really bad?
Frankly, I haven't really seen a bad book-to-movie adaptation.

6. Books that just made you cry.
The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart made me sob. The book is about a twelve-year-old boy battling cancer. He runs away from home and struggles to survive with no place to stay and nothing to eat. On top of that, he's attacked by a group of teenagers who leave him with nothing but a twenty dollar bill to live off of. His relationship with his dog, Beau, and his best friend, Jess (yes, she's a girl, which just goes to show that you can just be friends with the opposite gender) are touching as well. I was pretty emotional, even after merely the first chapter.
And yes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows made me grab a box of tissues. So many great characters died - Fred? Really? J.K. Rowling, you had to do that to us? And Lupin and Tonks and Snape and all? It is literally NOT HANDLEABLE (if that's a word).

7. Book you're reading right now? Give it a quick rating.
Right now, I've got my bookmark in Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel by Megan Morrison. My rating? 4.4, give or take. It's really very funny, but I'm not far into it, so I would have to say that nothing has happened quite yet. When I get to the climax, I'm sure the adventure and suspense will improve the rating.

8. A book series you just didn't like?
See 3.

9. Book that you haven't read yet, but really need to?
Oh my goodness! I've been so clueless! J.K. Rowling, a.k.a. Robert Galbraith, published the Cormoran Strike series AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW! I totally have to read this series... I just can't take it!

10. My hidden gem: a really great book I've read that no one's probably heard of.
Probably The Unwanteds series by Lisa McMann. I started off with the series about a year ago, and since then I've really loved the characters, especially Sky, and the story's premise. It's been titled the perfect series for those dwelling on post-Harry Potter depression, which is my situation, and it's a great cure!
It was such an awesome find, yet no one I know reads this series - so this is my pick for hidden gem.



Hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio