POST 2 FOR WEEK OF JUNE 14 - JUNE 20, 2015
I'm pretty much booked until mid-August, when school starts, with a daily academic enrichment program (no, it's not summer school, I voluntarily registered to get ahead), an week-long app development camp next week, swimming four times a week (next week is the last week, however), and my three music classes.
The academic enrichment program, which I'll refer to as the AEP, was a last-minute decision made by my parents. In my district, the sixth graders take a math placement test to determine if they will be accelerated to an advanced or honors course in middle school, as elementary school is K-6 in my area. That's still next year, but we've decided to finish off Algebra 1 now, as an incoming sixth grader, so I can guarantee a good class in middle school. Math has always been one of my best subjects, and as today was the first day of the AEP, I can say it went pretty well. Although most of my friends are taking pre-algebra, I do have a friend who is also in Algebra 1, in a different classroom. Sorry about this paragraph and the confusion it may have caused. It's all different based on where you live, and this is just what happens for me.
Although the AEP is mostly algebra for 6 hours with 80 minutes of breaks included, it's not all bad - my algebra teacher is pretty nice. Everyone in my class is two or three years older, with some of my friends' older siblings in my class, but I'm keeping up (I think; we're only doing review at this time). We have July 3 off, and the next week everyone in the program is going to an amusement park that's quite popular where I live.
Well, that's all for today!
blog posts!
I'm pretty much booked until mid-August, when school starts, with a daily academic enrichment program (no, it's not summer school, I voluntarily registered to get ahead), an week-long app development camp next week, swimming four times a week (next week is the last week, however), and my three music classes.
The academic enrichment program, which I'll refer to as the AEP, was a last-minute decision made by my parents. In my district, the sixth graders take a math placement test to determine if they will be accelerated to an advanced or honors course in middle school, as elementary school is K-6 in my area. That's still next year, but we've decided to finish off Algebra 1 now, as an incoming sixth grader, so I can guarantee a good class in middle school. Math has always been one of my best subjects, and as today was the first day of the AEP, I can say it went pretty well. Although most of my friends are taking pre-algebra, I do have a friend who is also in Algebra 1, in a different classroom. Sorry about this paragraph and the confusion it may have caused. It's all different based on where you live, and this is just what happens for me.
Although the AEP is mostly algebra for 6 hours with 80 minutes of breaks included, it's not all bad - my algebra teacher is pretty nice. Everyone in my class is two or three years older, with some of my friends' older siblings in my class, but I'm keeping up (I think; we're only doing review at this time). We have July 3 off, and the next week everyone in the program is going to an amusement park that's quite popular where I live.
Well, that's all for today!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio