I’m really sorry for not updating you earlier. I was planning to post before my flight to Miami yesterday, but time did not permit.
I did take quite a few pictures at the airport in San Francisco and on the flight. After a 4-hour layover in Miami, we took a plane from Miami to Lima, Peru.
A gate we had passed
A view of the runway (please don’t mind the polka dots; that was just the design on the window)
Another runway shot
The runway from my window seat on the plane
The ocean
Clouds above the strikingly beautiful California coastline
Mountains
I hope you liked those pictures! I took one on the way to Lima.
The flight was a redeye, and I woke up just in time to witness sunrise. Since it was an international flight, even Coach had fully equipped personal entertainment systems. I had wanted to watch a movie, but I decided to sleep as that was my only opportunity. I woke up at 5 in the morning; I couldn't sleep, and so I was able to use my favorite feature on my entertainment system, the map. I could track the flight and it was so exciting to see which countries we flew over and when we were approaching our destination.
We had another flight from Lima to Cusco. I don’t have any pictures from that flight. After that, we hired a taxi to Ollantaytambo, where we dined at a quaint little café. From there we took a train to Machu Picchu. It was a jam-packed day; we had 2 flights, a taxi, and a train! Plus we’re heading to the ruins tomorrow (manaña) by bus.
Peruvian license plate
The menu of that café
Here I am in our hotel near the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu. Tomorrow we will board a bus to the actual ruins, where we will hike up a mountain and explore the beautiful Incan city atop the Andes mountain range. I’ll update you later!











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio