I'm back from Peru everyone! I'll be doing more updates, as I have only done one, but in the meanwhile I've seized this opportunity.
In my last "Profile" post, I imagined what my one-page spread profile, if I were a Discovery Girl in the magazine, might look like. Discovery Girls is coming up with better ways to let readers learn more about the group for that issue, introducing two-page spreads this year. Here's what my two-page spread, if I were a DG, might look like.
Sneha
Age 11*, California
"We've all had those moments in our lives where we feel like we're not worth it, but I think we can all find inspiration to overcome these feelings somehow. The arts are my inspiration."
I'm full of spunk and creativity, and I think I can use these qualities to innovate and help people around the world. This is just one of my goals for the future - I love performing! I started singing and acting when I was young, and since then I've been in eight shows and have performed in various competitions. My main pursuit in life is to score a career as a singer and actress.
I also love writing, which led me to create a blog when I was eight. Blogging has helped me shape some amazing friendships and collaborations, even with some other bloggers within the Discovery Girls community. It also gives me a place to express myself and my emotions. Discovering blogging is one of the best things that ever happened to me, and it's fostered not only better writing skills, but an incredible sense of satisfaction within me. I want to stay a blogger for the rest of my life.
Fun Fact: I once did an activity in Peru, a country I visited, where I was slingshotted up 405 feet in the air. I'm the youngest person in the world to have done it!
Traveling is something else I'm passionate about. I've been to 4 continents, 12 countries, and 24 states, all with the intention of learning about new cultures, languages, places, people, and traditions. One of my dreams is to see every wonder of the world, and I'm thinking about achieving that soon. Travel has also brought me to the amazing experiences of ziplining, parasailing, horseback riding, and slingshotting.
Favorite Book Series: I love the Harry Potter series. Hermione's my favorite character! I even dressed up as her for Halloween when I was nine.
There is no reason that you should be anyone other than you. We all have our insecurities and doubts, but we can't let them get the best of us. When I feel down, I remember that I'm still young and have so many more opportunities to find my true self and see the world. I want to explore. Grow. Take risks. For me, life is like a long process of trial-and-error - you'll never know if you never try!
*I'm on the younger side - I'll be turning eleven in the fall, thus if chosen to attend the Summit my age at attendance would vary based on when the Summit is held, but I would be eleven, maybe twelve, for sure by the time my issue was on newsstands.
In my last "Profile" post, I imagined what my one-page spread profile, if I were a Discovery Girl in the magazine, might look like. Discovery Girls is coming up with better ways to let readers learn more about the group for that issue, introducing two-page spreads this year. Here's what my two-page spread, if I were a DG, might look like.
Sneha
Age 11*, California
"We've all had those moments in our lives where we feel like we're not worth it, but I think we can all find inspiration to overcome these feelings somehow. The arts are my inspiration."
I'm full of spunk and creativity, and I think I can use these qualities to innovate and help people around the world. This is just one of my goals for the future - I love performing! I started singing and acting when I was young, and since then I've been in eight shows and have performed in various competitions. My main pursuit in life is to score a career as a singer and actress.
I also love writing, which led me to create a blog when I was eight. Blogging has helped me shape some amazing friendships and collaborations, even with some other bloggers within the Discovery Girls community. It also gives me a place to express myself and my emotions. Discovering blogging is one of the best things that ever happened to me, and it's fostered not only better writing skills, but an incredible sense of satisfaction within me. I want to stay a blogger for the rest of my life.
Fun Fact: I once did an activity in Peru, a country I visited, where I was slingshotted up 405 feet in the air. I'm the youngest person in the world to have done it!
Traveling is something else I'm passionate about. I've been to 4 continents, 12 countries, and 24 states, all with the intention of learning about new cultures, languages, places, people, and traditions. One of my dreams is to see every wonder of the world, and I'm thinking about achieving that soon. Travel has also brought me to the amazing experiences of ziplining, parasailing, horseback riding, and slingshotting.
Favorite Book Series: I love the Harry Potter series. Hermione's my favorite character! I even dressed up as her for Halloween when I was nine.
There is no reason that you should be anyone other than you. We all have our insecurities and doubts, but we can't let them get the best of us. When I feel down, I remember that I'm still young and have so many more opportunities to find my true self and see the world. I want to explore. Grow. Take risks. For me, life is like a long process of trial-and-error - you'll never know if you never try!
*I'm on the younger side - I'll be turning eleven in the fall, thus if chosen to attend the Summit my age at attendance would vary based on when the Summit is held, but I would be eleven, maybe twelve, for sure by the time my issue was on newsstands.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio