Pages



f

Friday, July 24, 2015

Life Update + Making Friends

Hello there fellow wanderlusters!
So my algebra class has been pretty much taking over my life for the past month and a half. I spend my free time ROFL-style with Superwoman and MyLifeasEva, reading the latest Cambio posts, catching up on some great summer reads and SBBC, and blogging. I can't, however, blog as much as I'd like because of my frequent study sessions, which often end up as all-nighters. Thankfully, I have finals on Tuesday, and the class wraps up by Wednesday.
I can't believe summer is almost over! I have less than a month before school starts on August 20, and I'll be starting my final year of elementary school. I have quite a few blogging buddies who are in the same grade as me but will be heading off to middle school - the reason is that my school is K-6. I've always stood out in the sense that I quite enjoy school. Homework is actually fun for me, I have more opportunities to perform, I get to be back in the tetherball court where I should be, and I get to see my friends again. Considering the sixth grade math curriculum covers Algebra I in part, I'm excited! I usually get good grades, so I'm happy that the curriculum will be a bit more challenging.
My summer algebra class has been an amazing experience. Most kids my age might find the environment intimidating, as everyone would be two or three years older than them. But being the very talkative, extroverted, social butterfly ENFJ that I am, I was able to come home after the first week having befriended one of the only incoming seventh graders, an incoming high schooler, and a few other kids in my class. I also had friends in the other algebra classroom and in pre-algebra. I've landed a super-funny, cool, friendly teacher who always makes us laugh. He talked to us about his high school athletic injuries (he's a PE teacher) and how he was about to win a high school basketball dunk contest but fell on his back while jumping. As a class, we have so many inside jokes, like humping when we were learning about scientific notation, pronouncing the name of the restaurant Chipotle (pronounced /chi-poht-lay/) as /chi-pawt-ul/, and a few others. This kind of experience actually has made me more comfortable with older kids.
So - are you excited for school to be back in session? What have you been doing over the summer? What grade are you going into?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio