I was the browsing the Internet this past week and came across a debate comparing Percy Jackson and Harry Potter. You probably already know what I'm going to choose. I am a Potterhead for life; that loyalty is unbreakable. I've read both series, and while I do think Percy Jackson is a good read, it can never replace Harry Potter. So in this post, I have a few reasons why HP is hands down the best series the world has ever seen.
The Percy Jackson series really has the fluff down, but while it's funny, sarcastic, and witty, so is the Harry Potter series. I feel like Harry Potter has more depth than Percy Jackson could ever have - unlike Percy Jackson, the series is more than some kid with jet black hair destined to save the world. It's about courage, and love, and friendship, and I feel like that was never really stressed a lot in the Percy Jackson series.
Then we have the characters. Think about it: isn't the idea basically the same? Boy with black hair that's the world's savior. They both have two best friends, an extremely intelligent brown-haired girl and a boy with a good sense of humor who does make some dumb jokes. Even though the PJ characters are amazing too, their personalities are entirely defined by their parenthood; while that's what being a demigod is all about, Annabeth is only smart because she's Athena's daughter. Percy never really had to work to gain his powers, unlike Harry who was in wizarding school for six years trying to learn how to wave a stick.
I know there have also been a lot of debates about what would happen if HP and PJ went into battle. Sure, PJ can make water appear out of nowhere - but then again, HP could have him dead in 3 seconds! Harry can also torture him. Of course these ARE Unforgivable Curses, but then again Harry tried to use them on Snape, so... Percy could drown Harry? Hello, aguamenti!
So this was just a short post about why Harry Potter is epic! Comment down your opinions, and if you're on Team Demigod, don't hesitate to do so as well :)
The Percy Jackson series really has the fluff down, but while it's funny, sarcastic, and witty, so is the Harry Potter series. I feel like Harry Potter has more depth than Percy Jackson could ever have - unlike Percy Jackson, the series is more than some kid with jet black hair destined to save the world. It's about courage, and love, and friendship, and I feel like that was never really stressed a lot in the Percy Jackson series.
Then we have the characters. Think about it: isn't the idea basically the same? Boy with black hair that's the world's savior. They both have two best friends, an extremely intelligent brown-haired girl and a boy with a good sense of humor who does make some dumb jokes. Even though the PJ characters are amazing too, their personalities are entirely defined by their parenthood; while that's what being a demigod is all about, Annabeth is only smart because she's Athena's daughter. Percy never really had to work to gain his powers, unlike Harry who was in wizarding school for six years trying to learn how to wave a stick.
I know there have also been a lot of debates about what would happen if HP and PJ went into battle. Sure, PJ can make water appear out of nowhere - but then again, HP could have him dead in 3 seconds! Harry can also torture him. Of course these ARE Unforgivable Curses, but then again Harry tried to use them on Snape, so... Percy could drown Harry? Hello, aguamenti!
So this was just a short post about why Harry Potter is epic! Comment down your opinions, and if you're on Team Demigod, don't hesitate to do so as well :)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio