Pages



f

Thursday, November 26, 2015

5 Things We Should Be More Grateful For

PEOPLE I'M ALMOST 11.
Happy Thanksgiving fellow wanderlusters!
My birthday is on Saturday, and we're planning to go to Six Flags. I don't want to jinx it, though, since every other time I said that I ended up not going. I mean, I don't want it to be a situation where I'm just like, "Yes! I'm pumped because I'm going to Six Flags this weekend and it's going to be epic!" and then I end up being crushed. There's going to be someone who comments, "Have a great time! Six Flags is awesome," which I'll read in a month and bawl because I never went. Yeah, let's get on with this.
Today, I'm going to be doing a post where I just list the 5 most under-appreciated things in life.

1. Auto-Correct
I started writing this post on my iPad, on which we've disabled auto-correct, and I realized how reliant I am on auto-correct to fix all my grammar mistakes. I literally typed "im" knowing it's going to correct it to "I'm," and when it didn't, it was just a backspacing fiasco because, if you don't already know, I AM HORRIBLE AT typing on tablets and mobile devices. My fingers aren't quick or agile, and I'm making a mistake every other word, and that's why I totally need auto-correct or an iPad keyboard.

2. Your "Enemies"
I like to think that there's no such thing as an enemy - they're just people you know that you aren't so tight with. Well, you should be grateful for them, too, because they've taught you to stay true to yourself, stand your ground, and especially, what you SHOULDN'T strive to be like. Remember that girl who tripped you in the hallways last week? Well, be thankful for her today, because now that you know what it feels like, you'll never do something like that intentionally to anyone.

3. Alone Time
For extroverts, it's natural to feel our best when we're surrounded by a lot of people and having conversations and connecting with them. But when we're alone, we reflect on things. You'd think about what you achieved and what your goals are. That's when you feel guilty for the kid you made fun of, which might lead to you apologizing the next day and becoming friends with them. Thinking is awesome. We really should do more of it.

4. The Present
A lot of people either dwell on the past or think about the future, but do we really live in the moment? We're too busy Instagramming pictures of beautiful sunsets to actually look at the sunset and admire its beauty. In our haste to share every little thing that happens, we miss some of the greatest moments of life. It sounds corny and deep and stupid, but it's true. Put down your phone and enjoy each and every moment.

5. Venting Sessions
You know that friend who you can call at 4 AM for a venting session without any complaint on her part? When was the last time you thanked her - or do you just take her friendship for granted?
Stop reading right now and call her and tell her how amazing she is. She's helped you get through some of the hardest moments of your life. Be there for her the next time she needs a shoulder to cry on, and let her know that you're a great friend too.

Just to make your day a little brighter, enjoy this adorable cat-and-rabbit gif:

cat kitten rabbit aww animal friendship

OK, the first one was a little silly, but - what do you think is the most under-appreciated thing in life? Have a great Thanksgiving and Black Friday - this is my last post as a mere 10-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio