I wear glasses. This is something you probably didn't know because I don't wear my glasses in pictures and I never really talk about them on my blog, even in passing. And while wearing glasses is a necessity for my *ahem* TERRIBLE VISION, there are still some pesky things about them that just make me want to get darn contacts already. (Which I'm actually planning to do soon.)
1. Rain
Oh my gosh. Prepare for a venting session.
Rain is beautiful. I love it when it rains. And then I realize I'm wearing glasses, and I have to clean the lenses every 1.5 nanoseconds because they keep getting smudged. HOW IS THIS EVEN FAIR. Some days I just wish they would invent mini-windshield wipers. Because I'm in dire need of them.
2. Getting Hit in the Face
You know, that moment in P.E. where you decide to keep your glasses on because you know without them you're going have a major klutz moment. And then you get hit in the face. Hard. With a basketball, worst case scenario, and your nose is literally flattened and your entire face throbs and there's the risk of having broken your glasses. Ugh. So, no matter what you do, you end up being in pain.
I cannot even tell you HOW MANY FUDGING TIMES people say things like "Oh, yeah, she must be smart, because she wears glasses" or something of that nature.
What even.
Glasses don't make you smart. Studying and sheer work do. That's one of the reasons I despise the "nerd" trend; everyone just puts on a pair of glasses and thinks that makes them intelligent. Like I said, if you want to be smart, don't think glasses will solve your problem, just study. It makes a difference.
So please never walk up to me and say my knowledge is because of some pair of prescription glasses. Come on.
4. Everyone Wants to Try Them On
I swear, I can't get through one day without 12 million people trying on my glasses! Everyone thinks they'll have the answers to everything or some wacky thing like that if they wear my glasses. I mean, it gets old.
5. Sunglasses Are Out
This was a major problem for me on my Peru trip, especially because it was really sunny in quite a few places that we visited and it felt uncomfortable wearing my prescription glasses under my sunglasses. That basically means I have to choose between not seeing and literally not being able to open my eyes because the sunlight was killing me - yet again ANOTHER situation that I can't work around. Thank goodness prescription glasses offer minimal sun protection, at least for me, otherwise I might have just died.
What do you think is the hardest part of wearing glasses? Do YOU wear glasses?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)
Shine on,
GirlRadio