Pages



f

Thursday, December 24, 2015

12 Days of Blogmas: Day 12: Setting a New Year's Resolution

Hello there fellow wanderlusters! I can't believe it's already Christmas Eve - I'm stoked for tomorrow :)
In this post, to wrap up the 12 Days of Blogmas, I'll be giving you a few tips for setting your 2016 New Year's Resolution.

+ Don't go too hard or too easy on yourself. Choose something challenging that will require you to put in a little more effort, but not something so hard you have to spent hours each day in order to achieve it. Find your just-right zone in terms of difficulty and go from there.

+ When choosing what to focus on for your resolution, look back at the past year. Have you ever thought "I really want to improve on this," or "It would be fun to try this out" for anything? Think about that, and you'll start getting some ideas.

+ When setting a goal, it's best to select a quantity. For example, as opposed to setting a resolution like "I want to read more," set a goal with a quantity, like "I want to read 250 books." This way, you have something specific to work towards, since there's no way of defining "more."

+ Brainstorm ways for you to achieve your goal. If you want to read a certain amount of books in 2016, you could find a website online that allows you to log each book you read. Maybe you could assemble a TBR for the year, or visit the library as soon as possible to start your goal.

+ Once you have a list of ways to achieve your goal, place it somewhere you look at everyday and track your progress. For example, you could pin your list up on your bulletin board or write it in your journal. Make sure you consistently track your progress - don't stop logging your books after the first few weeks! Stay committed to your goal, because New Year's Resolutions are notorious for being forgotten and hardly ever achieved.

+ Tell your friends and family about your goal. Having people around you who constantly remind you of your resolution so you don't lose track can help encourage and motivate you along the way. Have a friend text, email, or call you every so often so you keep up.

+ Set little goals for yourself. If you want to read 100 books, aim to read 25 books by March. Don't forget to track your progress!

+ Reward yourself! Every time you read another 25 books, allow yourself an excuse to visit Baskin Robbins! Maybe you could have 1 uninterrupted hour of YouTube or a movie just to yourself. Don't be too extravagant; for example, a party probably won't be necessary!

That's it for today! I hope some of these tips come in handy as 2016 rapidly approaches ... I'll try to post again before the New Year!

Before I leave, feast your eyes on this glorious Christmas GIF ...

Not Flipper christmas santa xmas santa claus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio