Pages



f

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

12 Days of Blogmas

Hello there fellow wanderlusters! This will be more of a short announcement :) (By the way, how do you like my Santa hat header?)
As the holidays dawn upon us, I really wanted to do something special here at Nerd Glasses and Wanderlust, and then I thought up the 12 Days of Blogmas.
I'll be posting something holiday-related for each of 12 consecutive days. Traditionally, the 12 days of Christmas begin on Christmas Day itself, but it would be too late for me to do some of these posts if I had to do them after Christmas. So, for my blogging variation, the 12 Days of Blogmas start on December 13 (which is T-Swizzle's birthday!) and culminate on December 24, Christmas Eve. If you want to use this idea for your blog as well, go ahead! Here are the prompts I'll be following:

Day 1: The Holidays // write a poem describing the holidays
Day 2: Giving vs. Receiving // OK I'M JUST FOR CLICHE OPINION POSTS OKAY?
Day 3: My Christmas Wishlist // list at least 3 things you'd like for Christmas
Day 4: My Favorite Christmas GIFs // you probably get it, and yes, this had to be done!
Day 5: My Favorite Holiday Pins // your favorite holiday Pins on Pinterest
Day 6: What the Holidays Mean to Me // what comes to mind when you think of the holidays; what this time of the year symbolizes for you
Day 7: 5 Reasons I Love the Holidays // the title's pretty self-explanatory!
Day 8: My Holiday Playlist // 5 of your favorite holiday songs
Day 9: My Favorite Christmas Movies // 3 of your favorite Christmas movies
Day 10: Holiday DIY #1 // title the post with the name of your DIY, and try to include images!
Day 11: Holiday DIY #2 // title the post with the name of your DIY, and try to include images!
Day 12: My New Year's Resolution // what your resolution for 2016 is, how you plan to achieve it, and your tips for setting a resolution

UPDATE - 12/11/15: I tweaked the prompts for Day 1 and 2 because here at Nerd Glasses and Wanderlust, I honestly think if you really know someone, you'll be able to find something they like without Googling gift guides 500 times. Since none of these posts are sponsored or anything, I feel no need to be a walking advertisement - I've decided not to heavily promote any products unless I do reviews or sponsored posts in the future. I don't really support the "wishlist" thing because I don't want to spend my life groping for new iPhones and cameras instead of being happy with who I am and what I have, so even though I kept that prompt, it's going to be a minimal 3-item list. I'm sorry, I just felt it had to be done. 

So that's it for this post! I'll be back here on NGAW on Sunday for Day 1 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! Every user comment means a lot to me, whether it's a one-liner or a novel. I honestly hope you enjoy my blog! :)

Shine on,
GirlRadio